A great deal of research contributing to the emerging field of archetypal cosmology is currently being done at several institutions in California. Richard Tarnas, author of the book Cosmos and Psyche: Intimations of a New World View, is the founding director of the Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness Program at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco. Keiron Le Grice, a founding editor of Archai, is Chair of the Jungian and Archetypal Studies specialization in the Depth Psychology program at Pacifica Graduate Institute in Santa Barbara.
Further Resources on Archetypal Cosmology
• Cosmos and Psyche: Intimations of a New World View by Richard Tarnas
• The Archetypal Cosmos: Rediscovering the Gods in Myth, Science and Astrology by Keiron Le Grice
• Coming Home: The Birth and Transformation of the Planetary Era by Sean Kelly
• Integration and Difference: Constructing a Mythical Dialectic by Grant Maxwell
• Psyche and Singularity: Jungian Psychology and Holographic String Theory by Timothy Desmond
Archai is published by Persistent Press, a Nashville-based company that publishes books in the areas of process philosophy, pragmatism, philosophy of science, depth psychology, archetypal cosmology, cultural studies, and children’s literature.
For an app based completely on the principles of archetypal cosmology, Archetypal Explorer shows personal and world transits as wave-forms across time, indicating when transits are moving into and out of the orb of influence. A subscription to the website will provide the user with weekly transit reports accompanied by Richard Tarnas’ descriptions of the archetypal influences.
The Astro-Databank Wiki Project houses thousands of birth charts of famous individuals.